We are moving
BACK TO THE FUTURE
at Perkins Pharmacy.
Back in the days of the Corner Drug Store almost all medications were made or
mixed on the premises by the Pharmacist. Commercially made products were the
exception NOT the norm. Over the last several decades it has become the norm
(expected) for the pharmacist to only count out premade medications to be dispensed
to the patient. This has many good features (increased speed in preparation for
example). But we have been limited to what was available. Our pharmacy is taking a
giant step forward to provide the basic option of compounding that was discarded
many years ago by most pharmacists. The physician can now be much more creative in
selecting therapy. He is not limited by only what is commercially available.
- You may need a different strength than what is readily available. We can quite often
get the pure chemical and make any strength dosage that may be needed.
- The dosage form may be hard to swallow and need to be a liquid or even possibly a
topical gel that can be absorbed thru the skin.
- Commercial products usually come in only one flavor. We can alter this to just
about any flavor you choose.
- The preservative bothers some people and they may need a preservative free version.
- Pharmaceutical companies may stop making products for which there is limited demand.
This doesn't make the medication any less effective, just unavailable. If we can obtain
the pure chemical we can compound this discontinued medication for the occasion when
it is still the correct choice for the problem.
129 N. Pine St., DeQuincy, LA 70633-0338
Ph (337) 786-6111 or
Fax (337) 786-4499
Take Charge System | Compounding Services
The Wellness Store | Order Form | Home